The Park Slope Chamber of Commerce is proposing to create a Business Improvement District (BID) along Park Slope’s 7th Avenue. The BID will improve the cleanliness of our streets and sidewalks, beautify and green the area, produce promotional events and materials and provide additional security through storefront cameras and volunteer patrols.
The proposed district includes all properties fronting 7th Avenue from St. John’s Place to 16th Street, including contiguous side street commercial properties.
The Park Slope Seventh Avenue Business Improvement District is a project of the Park Slope Chamber of Commerce. The Steering Committee is comprised of property owners, commercial tenants, residents and other representatives of the community that are committed to the positive development and maintenance of Park Slope’s Seventh Avenue.
Steering Committee Members:
- Michael Cairl, Park Slope Civic Council
- Bob Kalb, Park Slope Copy Center/Property Owner
- Mitchell Szpicek, Little Things Toy Store
- Patty Lenartz, Slope Cellars
- Philip Chaitman, Good Footing
- Dolly Williams, Property Owner
- John Ciferni, Tarzian Hardware/Property Owner
- Melinda Morris, Lion in the Sun
- Lyn Hill, New York Methodist Hospital
- Donald Minerva, Real Estate/Property Owner
- Tammy Shaw, TB Shaw Realty
- Michael D. Czaczkes, Resident
- Scott Burk, CPEX Real Estate
- Felicia Tunnah, Resident/Union Square BID
- City Council Member Brad Lander
- City Council Member Steven Levin
- Kristen Wilke, Consultant